Frozen Ambitions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shatter the Shield (Ended)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gunmun

gunmun

Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 am

Savi winced at the flames flowed around the pillar "Relax I wasn't interested in an imp like you anyway" She said laoding another arrow and waiting for him to pop out again.
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:51 am

Ian was astonished by her speed and was bewildered by her frantic nature. He had no idea what was going on but he understood this:Redaira had given him the responsibility of an urgent task and he meant to handle it swiftly. He had to think on his feet. He sprinted down the stairs, almost tripping down the steps in his hurry.

Where am I suppose to get a greatsword at this time of night? All the shops are closed! Oh I know! Maybe I'll ask Master Aventus!

Master Aventus was nowhere to be found. He paced back and forth, his mentor was counting on him and the stress was buiilding up like bricks on a wall, surrounding his mind and choking his thoughts.

Then, he saw them. They twinkled and shimmered in the candlelight next to a passed out drunken mercenary. He crept closer and knelt down, inspecting the greatsword and shield for any cracks or dents. They had none. Perfect for combat.

He apologetically snatched up the mercenary's gear and quickly stormed outside.
The weight was difficult to get used to, but Ian remained steadfast in his goal. He searched for any sign of his mentors' whereabouts.

Finding only magelights, he dashed off, recalling the last words of his mentor.

"Walk always in the light..."

Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:20 am

"What in Oblivion?!?" Alaric had time for nothing more than a dodge as the room had been filled with a fiery light. His arm had caught some of the flames, but it was nothing a healing spell wouldn't fix. Thankfully his sister had hit their mark in the chaos and sent her soul to Sithis, but now they had to get out of here!

Then he heard the voice of the man who had been pining after Dar'savi, "You! I should have listened to my gut and the whispers of the Dread Father... someone I'm sure you'll soon meet!" Alaric's hand glowed purple and a flaming portal opened in the middle of the chamber, out of which emerged a flaming maiden with skin like lava and hands which spewed flames from Oblivion itself...
Back to top Go down
alpha142

alpha142

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:47 am

Aventus huffed in annoyance as a flame atronach made an appearance in a similar fashion as he had earlier, it’s flames searing the wall behind him and making him sweat. ‘Bloody thing’s stealing my routine.’

He took in a deep breath and concentrated on freezing the air between his hands. Frost spells were always a bit harder and more draining. 'Damn it, Redaria, where are you and Ian?'

“I‘m afraid I‘ll be too busy dragging your burning corpse to Stendarr‘s light to meet your ‘father‘, bloodsucker. Does he take rain checks?” He taunted, waiting for an opening to attack. Seeing a brief opening, he span out of cover and released a chaotic ice storm down the opening.
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 am

"Oh will you now? And you do realize that your god is the god of mercy, right? I hope you know how contradictory you sound..." Alaric, knowing the frost wouldn't harm him much, stepped out and loosed bolts of lightning at the source before ducking back behind the pillar. He had to scoff at the bloodsucker comment, not everyone went out of their way into a vampire den looking for the disease. "I also highly doubt a youngling like you could drag me anywhere."

"Sithis has an eternity to meet you, and he will have your soul!" His fire atronarch spewed its flames toward the apparently real vigilant of Stendarr before catching the ice storm in the chest and fading back to the planes of Oblivion, but not before exploding. "The Void take you!" he hissed angrily as his servant disappeared. "Besides... the Divines took pity on me and allowed me to learn to control myself, so I am no bloodsucker!"
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 am

(Describe to me the structure of the Hall of the Dead? I've never been in there. Don't know what it looks like nor from which direction could you approach. . 3 .)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1823746/
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 am

I don't remember too much about it. I only went in once and that was to assassinate Nilsine. It is located at the end of the Graveyard where you start the "Blood on the Ice" quest and it has the central chamber I've talked about. I think we have just been going with the flow though (Being generous with the architecture). I got two pics though Smile

Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFmHFziMnBppT3Mo537VcQ_GFK4kyxxDoI_aeGxP4_pQHUGjnMShatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 468px-NPC_Nilsine
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:08 am

(Alright, thanks. Last post then I'm hitting the hay. - o -)

"I beg to differ - the murder of an innocent is hardly control over your bloodthirsty nature." She approached from behind Aventus, joining him in cover. To her fellow vigilant, she said, "Go outside and signal to Ian. Then return as fast as possible - I'll try to keep them here."

So the mer was a vampire - what did that make the Khajiit? A vampire as well? A thrall? Divines forbid an acting accomplice without the influence of illusion. She readied her mace, preparing a ward spell in the other hand and waited in cover, body taut with anticipation.

Reacting was key here - defend until help arrives. She could only hope that Aventus' light spell would catch the attention of nearby guardsmen. That would tip the battle back into their favor. They were already at a disadvantage with their equipment unavailable to them. She couldn't possibly hold a ward spell for long against a skilled mage - let alone under duress from two sources.
Back to top Go down
gunmun

gunmun

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 am

Seeing one of the touches go out ffrom the frost spell gave Dar'savi an Idea "Brother put out the torches we'll have the darkness embarrass us while the light will be their down fall" She said firing an arrow at the new mage the arrow just wizzing past her ear.
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

"Fools! She was not as innocent as you think, for no one prays to the Night-Mother over someone who has done no wrong!" Alaric heard the tactical suggestions from both sides, sometimes his sister was wise beyond her years. True they could use a detect life or undead spell, but it would be costly and not in their favor during the battle, not when his reserves were so deep...

Two spells were charged in his hand, one for his sister's plan and one for the foolish vigilant's. Flurries of frost flew from his hands, the the ice engulfing and dousing the last two torches in the room and the other creating a destructive wall of shimmering spears of ice across the room. "As fun as meeting you all has been, we must be going now!"

His vision turned black and white as he took his place behind the pillar, the entire room becoming bright as day to him. He looked over at the body of Nilsine Shatter-Shield and narrowed his eyes. A purple aura surrounded her, his vampiric servant power was quite useful, and she rose once more. "Serve Sithis and defend his children against the servants of Stendarr!" he hissed tossing her a steel longsword from on top of one of the slumbering dead.

Last edited by Thane of Eastmarch on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling.)
Back to top Go down
gunmun

gunmun

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 pm

"Yes, 'innocence' mankind's greatest illusion ." She said as the touches went out and her natural night vision went into action seeing the room as bright as day while to the vigilantes the disappered into the black. She then looked to her brother 'We'll split up, who ever they follow the other stabs in the back.' she mouthed before going down a corridor walking backwards to watch her bother.

Last edited by gunmun on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alpha142

alpha142

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Aventus cursed as bolts of lightning rocketed through his ice storm. He tried his best to dodge them, but hissed in pain when one of the bolts grazed his side. He scrambled behind cover once again and glanced at the new wound. 'I shouldn't have been standing out there like an idiot. I got hurt and had my magicka all screwed up for my trouble. If that vampire escapes because of that one mistake...'

The Imperial's jaw clenched at the vampire's response. He was about to bark back a reply when Redaria came up behind him. 'Praise the Nine.'

He accepted the orders readily and dashed out into the street, his wound forgotten. As much as he hated it, he knew they wouldn't be able to win this battle without help. Once he was outside, he gathered up half of his remaining magicka into a shining ball above his hand and shot it up into the sky. It flew through the air, casting a bright light onto the surrounding buildings.
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Ian sweated prefusely as he dashed through the courtyard. A sparkling ray of light blasted through the sky like fireworks. He breathed heavily as he raised a hand shielding him from the illumination.

He couldn't hold back the feeling that something was going terribly wrong. If Redaira had to only find Aventus, surely she didn't need to be armed and surely they wouldn't need a signal. They were in trouble and there lives were in danger. He grew discomfortable with the idea, but trusted his gut instincts.

I got to get help!

He found two guards roaming outside the courtyard and waved his hand frantically to get their attention.

"Guards! Guards! You've got to come quick! I think my friends are in trouble! Quick! This way!" Ian yelled enthusiacally.

"Alright, boy, calm down, we'll follow you but this better not be one of you kids pulling pranks again or I'll haul you in the dungeon myself!"

Ignoring the guards comment, he ran into the graveyard and saw Aventus. He had been hurt. A grim expression flashed over his face as he raced over to his side.

"Master Aventus! I've brought help! Here, reach in my sack, I still have a few health and magicka potions." He scanned the area, hearing the sounds of battle below."What's going on? Where's Redaira? Is she ok? I brought her sword."
Back to top Go down
alpha142

alpha142

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Aventus flashed a relieved smile as Ian ran up to him with two guards in tow. He nodded greetings to the guards and clapped the young Vigilant on the appreciatively on the shoulder. "Damn fine work, Ian."

He happily pulled a magicka potion of Ian's pack and unstopped it as he quickly explained the situation. "We've got a vampire and a possible thrall trapped down in that Hall. They managed to kill a woman before I could step in and stop them. The Altmer is skilled with spells and the Khajiit used her bow to kill the woman." He turned his attention directly to Ian. "She's fine and should be near the entrance. How about we go give her some backup? I'm burning to get back in there and torch those bastards."

He downed some of the potion as he waited for the others to respond or move. He smirked in satisfaction as he felt his magicka stores explode back to full.
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Alaric watched as Nilsine stood at the ready testing the weight of her new sword. 'She seems to be stronger than she looked. Good thing Dar'savi got her when she did...' He surveyed the perfection that was his wall of frost which separated them from the blasted vigilants before following his sister down the corridor. "Breeze. Exit." he silently mouthed to her. He cast a shock rune on the roof of the corridor, so that if they did manage to get around his icy spears, they would still have a rather 'shocking' surprise...

Last edited by Thane of Eastmarch on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling.)
Back to top Go down
gunmun

gunmun

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Savi nodded to her bother 'lead the way' she said crouching down.
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Ian blushed a bright strawberry red as he received praise from his mentor. He was glad he finally was able to help them out in some way. His mentor's words were inspiring as Ian felt a sudden rush of adrenaline surge through his body. Impulsively, he rushed down the stairs, ahead of all the other men.

He still had a mission to accomplish, and Master Redaira needed her weapon, especially since she was all alone with the enemy.

He spotted the rosy haired woman inside and slid behind cover beside her.

He paused for a moment, taking time to catch his breath. He collapsed to his knees and held out the steel greatsword.

"Master Redaira! I brought you the sharpest blade I could find. Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Alaric crept down the passageway, making sure not to step on any of the old and discarded bones that had fallen. The way was narrow and appeared not to have been used for quite some time. A cool breeze once again drifted past; they were getting closer to the exit. He felt his power returning, having not cast any spells for a while, and he relished in how easily they had eluded the haughty Vigilants. 'Vigilant nothing! Those sorry excuses for warriors could find a lit torch in the dark!'

As he rounded the next bend, a beam of moonlight shone through the roof not thirty feet away. "There is our exit, sister." he whispered. The hole looked to be just big enough for them to escape, perhaps three and a half feet across. He padded forward with a bit more haste, eager to return to the sanctuary...
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 pm

The darkness was almost as suffocating as the musty scent of the long dead. She knew what she needed: a light, but without Aventus, she would have to do without the conventional spell for it. She had to make do with the next best thing - she tightened her fist, drawing to it a fast healing spell. The bright wisps swirled around her hand, enveloping her immediate surroundings in a gentle glow.

She felt a presence beside her and saw Ian join her in the dim light. "I'm fine," she answered gruffly before she was cut off.

Her eye caught the flash of dull steel, and without thinking, she pushed the boy away before darting backwards. Her reflexes saved her from a head-splitting blow, but marked her brow with a red line. The cut stung, but the vigilant ignored it, pressing onto the offensive. Without the element of surprise, the vampire's puppet could not hope to match the warrior's conditioned speed and strength, and within seconds of confrontation, the dead body fell to the ground – face torn apart by particularly nasty blow from the mace.

"Cowards!" she yelled after the fleeing assassins. "You send a corpse to fight what you cannot!"

Two 'gainst one, and they chose to flee. Let them. Their kind rarely stay hidden for long before they are drawn to the scent of blood like sharks to fresh kill, and when they did, she would be there to take their heads as retribution for the crimes they have committed.

Glowering, she helped Ian to his feet, sheathing the mace and accepting the greatsword as she did so. “You’re not hurt?” She didn’t wait for an answer. “We have to get moving before they’re gone.”

(Can edit if needed.)
Back to top Go down
gunmun

gunmun

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Dar'savi ran with her brother to the hole quicking her pace as well.
Back to top Go down
alpha142

alpha142

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 am

Aventus raced after Ian with the two guards, arriving just as Redaria put down the resurrected corpse. His jaw clenched in anger for what felt like the twentieth time that night as he stormed past his fellow Vigilants. A raging fire burst into existence between his hands.

"You can't run from the light forever! I'll find and put you bastards down eventually. Save both of us the trouble of the chase and let's end this now!" He yelled, his anger practically searing the air around him with the help of his spell. He barely fought back the urge to rush after the two, and was quickly glad that he had when he spotted the tale-tell pale shimmer of magic on the ceiling and the walls of deadly ice that were near invisible in the darkness. He released a small fireball at the rune to destroy it and disposed of the walls of ice with a massive torrent of flames.

The Imperial growled in annoyance with the setbacks and downed the rest of his potion before carefully chasing after the assassins, sending magelights out to light the way.

Last edited by alpha142 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 am

"After you, dear sister." he whispered, kneeling and cupping his hands to give her a boost. She would be best on the outside, as she could lower her bow to help him out after her. They would be fine. He felt a tremor in himself, "They have destroyed the Shatter-Shield puppet and the defenses." he shivered as he whispered, the feeling similar to someone 'walking over his grave'. He looked behind him out of instinct, though there was nothing to be seen. He waved his hand again and two more bodies rose to fight for him, though this time, they would be stronger due to his studies in conjuration.
Back to top Go down
gunmun

gunmun

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 am

Once she was on top she lowered her bow to hoist him up. "Doesn't matter now brother"
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 am

His arm wrapped around the bow, leaving his other arm and his legs to do the climbing with just some assistance from his sister. Luckily, once she had pulled him up some, he had found some hand holds and was out in under a minute. He panted slightly one he reached the surface. "That was fun, was it not, eh Sister? A little different from what we are used to, but still wonderfully exhilarating!"

He spied a boulder next to the hole and charged a telekinesis spell. "No sense in making it easy for them." he chuckled as he caused it to roll over the opening and sealing it off. They were a little ways from the city, as the tunnel had been quite long. He looked toward the horizon and let loose the low and mournful toned whistle which would call their horses. "We need to get out of here... that took longer than I thought. We'll need to stop somewhere, or you'll have to guard me even more when the sun comes up..."
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:29 am

Rough cobblestone scraped against smooth skin as Ian fell to the ground. His elbow glistened a light red from the mild injury. He saw Redaira bash in the skull of another woman and flinched. He wasn't use to raw violence at such a close proximity. He blinked several times taking in what happened before answering Redaira.

"I-I'm fine...a lot better than you look. Hang on let me see if I have something for that wound." Ian spun his sack around to the inside of his lap. "Aha! This should do it!"

He handed a red vial to his mentor, and glanced at Aventus, who was followed by two guardsmen, they were in hot pursuit of the assassins.

"We should go help out Master Aventus. I don't want him to get hurt."

Ian spoke sternly as he looked into Redaira's eyes before running behind Aventus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shatter the Shield (Ended)   Shatter the Shield (Ended) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shatter the Shield (Ended)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frozen Ambitions :: Roleplaying :: Main RP :: Eastmarch-
Jump to: