Frozen Ambitions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you think of the forum?

Go down 
+10
Nalfein
Jack The Riddle
Counter-Point Man
The Dreamweaver
Thane of Eastmarch
Warpet
Inspector Panderp
Shaun Yun Farron
gunmun
Mesataki
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Yes, no, maybe so?
It's awesome!
What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap62%What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
It's serviceable.
What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap38%What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
I want to go back.
What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh, I know that it would be much too big to go into that much detail, but I mean something like what I've listed below. I was able to go into such detail with Hogwarts (and London) because they are so small in comparison.

Quote :
Example set-up

Forum: Eastmarch
Sub-forums:Windhelm, Kynesgrove, etc.

That way the wilderness topics (like when people are out adventuring) could be placed under the hold, and topics within the cities could be in the cities. Does this make more sense?
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 pm

I personally like that system that Thane just suggested. I believe it makes the site more organized overall. One of the advantages this site does have over the original is the use of sub-threads and I think we should capitalize on whatever resources we have available to us in order to improve the new site.
Back to top Go down
Inspector Panderp

Inspector Panderp

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 pm

The notion of sub-threads and/or forums is highly appealing, especially for our more chronologically OCD but like Mesa, I'm worried about the clutter. The sheer number of locations versus the amount of actual use they get may be a discouraging ratio. I mean, even if we were to tag new locations as we needed them, there are many I fear that will be used for a couple of posts and then never touched again. :P
Back to top Go down
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Have you thought about a Chat-box? That would be a really nice addition Smile They are pretty easy to install as well. (assuming you know your way around coding, and by looking at this site, I'd say at least one of you does.)
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Don't know anything about coding, but the banner and design is by me. It was one-man-endeavor of loooove. ;_;

I tried the chat box thing way before I informed everyone. It was a little glitchy and wasn't working for some unknown reason. I could do a bit of troubleshooting and eventually figure it out, but be prepared for some weirdness until it either gets fixed or I throw a fit and put everything back to normal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1823746/
Thane of Eastmarch

Thane of Eastmarch

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Well, the design and banner are lovely Very Happy

Hmmm... Like I said before, I don't know much about forummotions, so I don't know what could be making it glitch.
Was it the size or positioning that was wonky?
Back to top Go down
Warpet

Warpet

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Still trying to figure out what the banner says Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 pm

@ Thane
My own ignorance. Didn't notice certain things at first 'cause I was distracted by the background. Now it's fixed and should be displaying at the bottom of the main page.

@ Warpet
You could always ask Farron for the answer. She translated it (more like proofread for the illiterate admin). . 3 .
Back to top Go down
Warpet

Warpet

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 pm

say it in english...I'm illiterate with dragon tounge.
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:56 pm

That takes away the fun, though. D:

Plus, it's really easy to find a list of known dragon words; then it's just a matter of ctrl+F.
Back to top Go down
Warpet

Warpet

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:57 pm

blarg!
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:21 am

Wow! I have to say I'm really impressed with what you've done with the site so far. Before it looked naked, now it's like you bought us an old shack and renovated it into place worthy of calling home. Not long before this site becomes a mansion!
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:05 am

It could be better with some help!

Thane assisted with selecting images to use for the banners (cheers to him!); now I could use some pictures for each forum. If you have an idea or some sort of artistic vision for a banner scheme, I could use it. Also - any more suggestions for the forum?
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am

If help if what you need, help is what you'll get! I flooded your skype with some really cool artsy pictures that I thought were neat. Should have a banner for all the cities now and a few extras on the side! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack The Riddle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 pm

So just out of curiosity, should we begin the copy-pasta of profiles? Or could I just make a different character for here? I've got an interesting non-khajiit character in mind. ^_^

I typically prefer to keep the number of topics to a minimum, but with how sprawling this type is, I'm not sure if that's possible. I propose that we simply have a topic for each hold and categorize from there as needed. Presumably I'd expect we would really only need one for the major/minor city of the hold and one for all other areas.

On the note of should we stay here... why not keep both? I think keeping this one on as a separate RP would be brilliant. It's already got a banner and design, so it seems pretty legit.
Back to top Go down
Nalfein

Nalfein

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi there! New forums are rather nice. Much more fancy than FF.net and less buggy. Very Happy

The only thing that really bothers me is having to scroll down every time I load a page. D:

I like the idea of this being a separate RP, but I sure don't want to say good-bye to the recruitment power of FF.net, so it seems that keeping both would make for a nice option.
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Don't worry, guys, we've already decided to keep both. Smile

New characters are optional. I think multiple characters are going to be allowed soon. I'll see if I can make a separate topic for the main RP character sheets now, but I'm somewhat slow and limited on my phone, atm. See if you can find an RP buddy in the mean time. Coordinating with other players apparently builds hype as I have observed from Pander's eagerness after such a brainstorming session with Ryu. Very Happy

@ Ryu/Dreamweaver

I'll be sure to check it out when I get home; thanks!

Last edited by Mesataki on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 pm

@ Jack & Nalf: Hey! Glad to see you guys made it over here! Welcome back!

@ Mesa: No problem at all. They are very similar to the ones you have already. I'm pretty sure I found one for all the major and minor holds. I got one for each of the guilds + the Thalmor Embassy. Got some for small towns worthy of mention as Riverwood. There's also a few extras that I just tought were appealing to the eye that I sent you.
Back to top Go down
Mesataki
Admin
Mesataki

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 pm

On second thought, the current way people have been posting is fine until a new system can be worked out to organize everything. Razz
Back to top Go down
gunmun

gunmun

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:18 pm

FF.net is running again.
Back to top Go down
Warpet

Warpet

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm gonna say this right now...when I played as a stormcloak...I felt so guilty...my jimminy cricket doesn't agree with them.
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks for the update gunmun. I finally got another post in for In The Mind of a Captive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Warpet

Warpet

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:29 pm

I almost have FF thirteen done.
Back to top Go down
The Dreamweaver

The Dreamweaver

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:38 pm

That's pretty cool. I only got up to that point where you go to that other plane and there's a lot of tough enemies. I never got to see the ending. My PS3 got screwed up.
Back to top Go down
Warpet

Warpet

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Huh? You mean the part where you go to gran pulse?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the forum?   What do you think of the forum? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the forum?
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frozen Ambitions :: Out of Character :: General Discussion-
Jump to: